A.D.A. Engineering is one of South Florida’s premier engineering, planning and construction management firms. Since 1981 the firm has served Federal, State, and Municipal government clients, as well as private sector clients, in the areas of Civil, Transportation, Water & Wastewater, Water Resources, MEP Engineering, and Construction Services. A.D.A. is positioned at the forefront of design and construction technology, we deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions, and we never compromise quality and safety!
We offer a positive and safe work environment where the right candidate will grow and develop in their career, and we’re looking for a Coastal Engineer who will proactively contribute to the development of the firm’s Water Resources Business Sector.
Some Examples of What You’ll Be Doing Include…
- Engineering for coastal/waterfront projects, including beach nourishment, coastal storm impact analyses, coastal structures, and sea-level rise
- Provide coastal structural and non-structural solutions, numerical modeling studies, and coastal hazards mitigation
- Solve challenging engineering problems, conduct engineering analyses, and apply coastal engineering tools for the design and formulation of resilient coastal protection and conservation projects
- Lead various coastal modeling projects
- Conduct field work, including site inspections, and construction observations
- Coordinate with government agencies and local jurisdictions
The Ideal Candidate Will…
- Have 10-15 years of experience in coastal engineering
- Hold a master’s degree in engineering (with an emphasis in coastal or ocean engineering or science preferred)
- Be a registered professional engineer in the State of Florida
- Possess thorough knowledge of the South Florida coastal engineering industry
- Be experienced working on coastal flooding hazard assessments, and planning and design of coastal infrastructure
- Have the ability to perform various engineering analyses, including coastal resiliency
- Have strong coastal engineering technical skills in coastal and hydraulic processes and the application of advanced numerical models to simulate coastal processes
- Possess working knowledge of coastal/hydraulic modeling software, especially in relation to resiliency projects (i.e. storm surge, tidal hydraulics modeling, wave generation and propagation modeling, coastal sediment transport and morphology models, etc.).
- Have excellent writing and public speaking capabilities
- Prove to be proficient with as many of the following models and modeling platforms as possible:
- ICPR V4
- MIKE 11
- MIKE SHE
- Flow 3D
- ArcGIS including 3D and Spatial Analyst
Most important, work with passion and a desire to never stop learning!
Do you want to join the team? Submit your resume and cover letter directly to our hiring manager today at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A.D.A. Engineering, Inc. (ADA) offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. While the above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job, it should not be construed as a complete listing of all activities which may be required in order to successfully meet the purpose and objectives of the role with the company. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with ADA are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.