HVAC Design Engineer
A.D.A. Engineering is one of South Florida’s premier engineering, planning and construction management firms. Since 1981 the firm has served Federal, State, and Municipal government clients, as well as private sector clients, in the areas of Civil, Transportation, Water & Wastewater, Water Resources, MEP Engineering, and Construction Services. A.D.A. is positioned at the forefront of design and construction technology, we deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions, and we never compromise quality and safety!
About the job
ADA is currently looking to hire a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer for its corporate headquarter located in the City of Doral. ADA fosters a Team environment and provides services for a wide variety of projects varying from small to large in both the private and public sectors. Potential projects include schools (k-12 and Universities), hotels, apartments, airports, ports, commercial properties, medical facilities, parks & recreational facilities, water and wastewater facilities.
The candidate will collaborate directly with the Lead Mechanical Engineer. The candidate must demonstrate experience in the design process and have the technical ability to design HVAC and Plumbing systems with the guidance of the Lead Mechanical Engineer. At times may also participate in projects requiring fire protection, fleet, and aviation storage and distribution fueling systems, water and wastewater process, storm drainage pump stations and facility layouts, or other mechanical specialties that may be required. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating with team leaders, engineers/architects, perform mechanical calculations, sizing of air distribution systems, piping systems, and specifying equipment during the design of projects. Be capable of performing field inspections, write reports and technical specifications in accordance with the project requirements. Strictly follow and adhere to company and client standards, applicable codes, industry standards, and general engineering practices. Must show an ability to learn and adapt to clients’ needs and project requirements. Be able to follow through on task and be self-motivated to verify own work and willing to fully understand the project’s objectives and overall goals. Be capable and strive to produce high-quality and professional results at all times. Utilize engineering experience to problem solve, develop alternatives, and provide recommendations, and expand engineering skills for professional growth to tackle more challenging tasks. Have a good solid understanding and demonstrate the utilization of industry software tools like Trane 3D Plus, ACAD, and Revit.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in the design of commercial HVAC or Plumbing systems.
- General understanding of construction documents production and development including specifications.
- General understanding of mechanical and/or plumbing codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and the latest Florida Building Code.
- LEED certification is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficient in Cooling/Heating Load software like Trane 3D (Trane 700) or Equivalent is preferred.
- Energy Modeling experience is preferred.
- Building Automation Controls knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in performing opinions of probable construction cost is a plus.
- Be attentive to detail, be highly organized and proper tracking and record-keeping is a must.
- Have good communication skills and Technical writing skills.
Most important, work with passion and a desire to never stop learning!
Do you want to join the team! Submit your resume and cover letter directly to our hiring manager today: email@example.com
A.D.A. Engineering, Inc. (ADA) offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. While the above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job, it should not be construed as a complete listing of all activities which may be required in order to successfully meet the purpose and objectives of the role and of the company. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with ADA are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.